View Single Post
Old 12th July 2009, 04:32 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset
Default BFTA GP6: NWFTA Bewitched by Byley...

BFTA GP6: NWFTA Bewitched by Byley...

Some days, the unruly mistress of whoms affections we desire can be mastered. Some days she requires a gentle caress, other times a much firmer hand is required... but today she was in charge. A flirtatous syren called you to come out and play, yet if she felt you were playing shy, or you were showing her the same trick twice, she turned her back and left you wanting. The course had been set to for her,and she took full advantage of the wide selection angles and exposures.Constant attention, courage, and second by second decisions were required to keep her in hand, yet she was always playing away given any chance. She came in from the south, and threw her arms round the course's flanks in an embrace that left no area free of her attentions.

In the morning, the windmeister Ian Taylor and Steve Mason danced with her the best, just dropping the 5 points each, yet there were many a seasoned shooters who fell foul to her fickleness and temper. In the afternoon, Andy Calpin looked like he had her in hand, carrying just 2 dropped shots for most of the course, yet he fell out of her favour dropping a further 5 later in the day. But there were many more who suffered her spite to a greater degree. It was said that perhaps never, in a field, has so much been lost, by so many, by so little... I don't know if that's true, but I suspect many wished we used 50mm kills.

Thanks to the Byley crew for the shoot and support, and we hope that perhaps Trev sacrificed enough today to have her in a better mood for our visit to Emley Moor in two weeks time.

Scores will no doubt be on the BFTA website soon, and i'll stick some pics in the gallery later.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread