View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2011, 10:59 AM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by berty177 View Post

Im pretty sure at Weston Park in 2005 we had 315 competitiors attend and shoot.

The way around it then was to have 3 courses of 50 targets with AM and PM shooters.

This technically would bring the potential of 450 shooters shooting at the competition.

How that works is 25 lanes per course of 3 shooters per lane, meaning AM would have 225 shooters and then the same in the PM session.

That wors out to 450 shooters in total. It would be a massive task to hold that many but this is one way you could look at holding over 300 competitiors bud.

I believe Norway has plenty of light during the time of year they are holding the Worlds. Would be nice if more than 150 could attend the competition....

But then you get a champion that could be decided by the weather, or could be seen as decided by the weather. The only way of reducing that is to build the sessions on ability but that aint easy. Personally i'm not keen on AM/PM jobs. It doesn't bother me for most shoots because they're just shoots... but for the worlds I think it would be nice to have an event with as little cracks to drive a wedge in as possible. I want the best shooter on the top slot and no questions asked. How would tongues wag or lips pout if there was one shot in it and a lead of a few targets ended up a loss by one?
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep