View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2011, 08:43 AM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

I think for many, the world championships are about selecting a world champion. We have a PCP, a Spring, a Ladies, a Junior and a Senior World Champion to start with, along with teams being possible for entry for PCP, and Spring (and without looking, I assume the other classes are elligible for teams?)

The problem is a lack of foresight on how you fit a format that's expanding into a container of a fixed size. I'm still wondering how a suggestion of 300 will work, the first day in Italy took 6 hours to shoot. Although with a springer I was dipping into the last minute, 2.5 or even 2 mins from bum on bag could at least add a little bit of impetus to the day and I'm sure I could respond.

Or you make it 4 x 50 shot courses. 4 days of shooting instead of 3. That makes it 300 with no change in timing. But for me (personally), 3 mins is making it sluggish. 2 mins I think would be ideal.

Time and space has already become an issue. It was an issue in Italy, it is an issue in Norway. Depending on the attendance numbers it might be in NZ. It would certainly be an issue in a UK shoot as well. We could fill a worlds in 24 hours, and could field a team of 8 in every class elligible.

If you solve the time then you solve the numbers problem.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep