Thread: What ?
View Single Post
Old 14th September 2011, 08:24 AM
Weerach ninja
Member of: Pontefract ARC.

I went back onto Prem's shortly after buying my Steyr years ago, it was Tim finley who suggested i give them a go in the Steyr as he used them in his and seeing as i had a box lying around the house i tried them, they were an improvement on the JSB's i was using...although i did have to go through the usual rigmarole of Premier pellet preparation, but i think it's worth the hassle.
Anyway's, i tried them in the HW97K when i got that and they performed well in that too. I forget what batch that first box was but then bought a "Few" boxes of Die #7's dated 17/10/2006 these have been very good. A couple of years ago a mate was selling up and i bought two boxes of the Die #2's off him these were dated July 29 1995, i have to say i found them no better in my gun than the newer Die #7's i have, and if anything put more into the reject tin after putting them through the sizer that i use than the newer pellets.
I know it's not exactly scientific, and in no way could be used as a guide to whether the old Die #2's are better or worse, but in my gun, i certainly wouldn't pay over the odds for a box.
I did hear that there was a rogue batch of 2006 Die #7's dated Dec 4th that were to be avoided, but i guess that there won't be many of those lying on gunshop shelves anymore.
I'm down to my last box and a half of the Die #7's, now at my current rate of shooting they might last until this time next year, but when i do buy some more i'll let you know how they perform.
NSRA Club coach
International panel beater extraordinare
NHS pin cushion