Thread: Boink!
View Single Post
Old 12th September 2011, 07:13 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Hi All,

Well the dust has settled. Excuse the delay in the results etc, but squeezing a wedding in the day after and then a trip abroad was probably not the best planning i've ever done.

First off I'd like to say a big thanks to all those that came along and to those that helped out before and over the weekend. It's a cliche, but it simply could not have been done with out you. So special thanks to Andy Slade and Team Meon (and Roy with his ladder).

Winds were light on the day, but luckily (or not, depending on your point of view), the far end was taking breeze off the valley, which meant the last few lanes which Roy and Mike had played with were as intended . The sun was out and it stayed dry. I sat on the plinking range for most of it trying to get a stable zero out of the springer (a bit of a premonition for the worlds perhaps), but the field which was evenly split between FT and HFT seemed not to have such a problem. The mixture of out to 55 targets and unsupported positionals kept the HFT'ers busy, whilst the mini's and restricted positions of the other targets kept the FT'ers on the edge of their comfort zone. But the general impression was that everyone seemed to enjoy shooting the course with a springer which was the point of the day.

So to the important stuff... top 5 in each class + the raffle winner.

1Clive Turner 37
2Glen Newman 33
3Justin Wood 32
4Steve Privett 31
5Paul James (kneeling) 30

1Steph Kirkwood (with Mike's rifle) 69
2Steve Gillies 66 33
3Jonathan Horwitt 65
4Mike Elliot 61
5Vinnie Blackman 61

Raffle prize: Andrew Slade

I will hand out the prizes when I next see you (club/winter league), except Jonathan's which will be posted.

Lets see if we can find a gap in next year's calendar early, and get some side shoots going... such a lovely ground deserves to be shot as often as possible

Cheers all
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep