Thread: Crossed wires
View Single Post
Old 15th August 2011, 08:53 PM
UKAHFT Champion 2010 & 11
Member of: Rivington Riflemen

Originally Posted by brianf51 View Post
Whilst I dearly love this sport of ours I suppose that like most I have a pet hate about HFT. My particluar one is that on some courses inevitably strings to targets will cross over each other and there is little as annoying than settling into your shooting position, relaxing and controlling your breathing, squeezing to first pressure and having a string move violently through your field of vision in the scope.

I know we all have occasions to use the string to identify particular targets, glean whatever wind info we can etc, but please guys have a little though for your fellow shooters. Look around at adjacent targets before you yank the string skywards.

Course setters could really help to eliminate the problem too but pegging down strings which cross over and may therefore be likely to cause this effect. There are some great little pins with loops on the end which would do this nicely.

'nuff said
hello Brian, sometimes the course setters are in a no win situation, when strings get pegged, you also get shooters whinging that the strings are there to be used as a windage aid and shouldn't be pegged.... can't please everyone - I think I know the target you are on about if it was the gauntlet shoot?
BASC Team England HFT 2010,11,12,13,14,15,16 &17