View Single Post
Old 11th August 2011, 07:53 AM
Why do I bother????????
Member of: Darlington RA

I am just starting out down the road of FT, so my take on this will be different to many. I appreciate that the GP's attract the current cream of the crop. However, we all need to start somewhere. I think it would be a really great way to discourage people by making them so elitist. You would be taking away the opportunity to shoot with the best and "see how it's done".
GP's may not be the place for somebody's first shoot, but you would be taking away a lot of opportunity. The sport should not just be about the top 1%. It would have the potential to put many off and effectively kill the sport if these opportunities were taken away from the majority to suit the minority.
With the best will in the world, a lot of the opinions posted on here are likely to be from that relatively small group of very good shots, who seem to make up many of the users on here, which will give a slanted perspective on the matter. I understand that you guys want a way to "split the best" but that should not be done at the expense of the majority of shooters who make up the rest of the field.