View Single Post
Old 10th August 2011, 08:39 AM
Because I`m AWESIME !!
Member of: Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree

Originally Posted by neilL View Post

The issue comes across, to me, that grades held from club/regional comps don't reflect GP grade and standing? (a 50 shot GP course versus a 30 or 40 shot regional? )

Yes, but thats why its a National Gp. You dont have other sports where stepping up to gp is no challenge. Seems facical to think of it that way to me

Start with a previous year's GPs results (you have to have effectively pre-qualified). Work out the average based only on those results, say a minimum of 4 or 5 competitions? Anyone who has to abandon, "loses" card, etc has to do 1 more (2 more)?
Then based on that previous average the new competition is based on scores plus or minus that average e.g. a top grade shooter who got 85% last season has to get at least 85%, if they score an 80 they have -5, if they score a 100% then +15 (100% based on clearance or top score?? - 100% equals 50 targets sounds like a tough criteria). The final may be tight but if numbers are taken to 2 or 3 decimal places that may be enough?
At the end of the season the shooter with the highest score wins but next year they will have to try even harder since their new average will be higher, etc. Those with below average scores might do better next year, etc. Shooters without a previous GP season could have a "shows most potential" competition. Maybe permit a drop of one event but still require a minimum number of events?

Too early in the morning for me. I`m lost. But then i dont actually like % scores and points. I only take note of the targets hit table. Its not right to me that i hit 35 targets in Gp 4 and got no points, and hit 35 in gp 5 and got 15 ish points lol

Every shot would count so tough determination right to the end of the course would be needed.

It does now?

top shooters would have to be both very good and very consistent.

Most are?

Anyway, just a few suggestions from a newb.

I`ll try and understand your suggestion after work, brain overloaded at present lol.

BFTA Grading Q's to;
sorry wont answer Bfta q's on forums, Cant keep track of replies etc!
BFTA updates on

REV26 Ostler Ev2 & x45 comp awaiting a Gary Cane Stock!
Beast Priest Ostler Ev2 & x45 prem ret comp in Warren Edwards stock
If you want the best, Ostler is the man
Pump your Fish, Little or Large
MFTA visitors World championship - Arms dealer 97, Awesime 94, Acid Hands 85