Thread: FT Coverage
View Single Post
Old 10th August 2011, 08:28 AM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by scutter View Post
I am the main Airgun competition writer for Airgunner, Every month I am given two to three pages to write about competition shooting.

I cover mainly HFT, as that is my chosen sport, however, I recently put a post up on STB, where I asked for a bit of help with an FT rig and within that post I mentioned that I was going to write a FT feature in the magazine.

Unfortunaly, quite a few FT shooters decided to have a pop at me and essentialy say that I should not be doing the article and that I should have it ghost written by somone who knows what they are talking about. I am still going to write the piece and I am going to attend the Essex 50 with my AR20 and Big Niko. The thing is though, I feel very unwelcome.

I have made an effort to embrace FT and I am prepaired to pay my own entrance fee and fuel to promote your sport, However, in return, I took a flaiming. So if you want covereage, may I suggest that you don't have a go at those of us who are trying to help.

See you all at the Essex 50

I remember the thread Gary, and I think it was a problem of interpretation of what you were saying rather than something else. I think people assumed you were going to try and write about FT rather than perhaps an article about you stepping into FT, which is a different thing. I think the latter would be better as it would be of more interest to the mag's readership... those established in FT already know-it-all anyway But seriously, I don't think anyone in FT would like you not to write the article and would help out where they could. Trying to fit it all into one or two articles might be a bit tricky... i struggled to keep my articles under 4k words, and they were on specific things. You could write a book on it, as you could with HFT.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep