View Single Post
Old 18th July 2011, 08:00 AM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Yep, I knew Simon was shooting well from lane one (well lane 10 for us)... I bracketed the wind on the plinkling range and it's highest point and it's lowest... at lowest it was taking nothing, on highest it was taking 3" at 55... or 1/2 way between crosshair and edge of view... i stuck that on ever target until the caravan where I altered it shy and then went to 3/4 across for the last two... two targets out of the first two fell to outrageous splits, but i lost one due to a string snagged over the closest target which persuaded me it was the first one... ironic seeing as rich had told me there were numbers on the targets, but the march won't see them on 60x and i told him i would cross shoot... missed it on 2nd attempt. The rat on lane one fell to what seemed to be a hit about 2" off the kill, but i suppose it could have been a bounce off a split, i was blown clear off position so it was difficult to tell. That happened on a stander out the back, the one I had to shoot again, and the other one out the back where the wind fell and i just took the shot out of shock... But I knew i'd had my luck and Simon hadn't... that was probably the difference between us... Simon's positionals were excellent, my long ones probably made up for that... but on the last lane i took the reducer on close to edge of plate and it went into the top of was a guess under a bluster that would have seen a miss 5mm left or right. Pity the lottery was the day before!

good to see everyone giving it their all despite the conditions... well done to the South Dorset team for punching in a good team score...

I think i got back, managed to keep awake during top gear then fell into coma... absolutely knackered!

Scores here thanks to Rich
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2011 FT Scores 6.pdf (38.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: pdf 2011 HFT Scores 6.pdf (35.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: pdf SHEB FT 1707.pdf (36.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: pdf SHEB HFT 1707.pdf (32.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: pdf Showdown Qualifiers 2011 Season 6.pdf (11.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf team scores FT 06.pdf (37.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: pdf team scores HFT 06.pdf (36.1 KB, 1 views)
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep