View Single Post
Old 17th July 2011, 11:31 PM
Because I`m AWESIME !!
Member of: Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree

Originally Posted by rich View Post
Thanks Simon for the kind words. We do try to make it worth the effort to come here.

Your last ten targets, 11 to 20. X X 0 X X X 0 0 0 0.

You had 3 out of 4 standers and 4 out of 4 kneelers. That was the best performance of anyone there. Your nemesis was the longer shots; we had 8 targets placed at 50 yards or more and you had just 2 of them.

Today wasn't a hurricane. We didn't quite lose the marquee so it couldn't have been. I think the difficulty today stemmed from gusts blowing us off aim at the crucial moment, and if you're blown off aim it hardly matters how far away the target is.

Number 29, the high target on the boom at about 9 yards, that was going to be a 14mm reducer but I took pity and opened it up to 26mm just before the shoot started, and guess what only six people missed it.
Lol, how to put a man down

"You had 3 out of 4 standers and 4 out of 4 kneelers. That was the best performance of anyone there."

Wish i could do it at gp lol

Yes, i struggled on the long ones and really went into poke and hope mode. Not much hope today!
RobF shot very well on the long ones.

Funny thing is, well not really as i have a heavey gun and in full Ft kit i am over 20 stone, I did not loose many targets for gusts. I was fairly steady in aiming at the wrong place on the long ones lol.

Yes, i worked hard for my standers and kneelers today and the stander i missed was entielry due to the wind lifting the gun above the kill as i shot.

Reducers I thaught were spot on today, ok the 40 ish yard one (T39) caught me out biut it was the first time i had shot past the caravan and it was agood range. Would like to see 25 ml kills out to 40 yards in gp, but perhaps not on such windy days. Fair play, Rob nailed the pair there though.

Thanks again, will return and knock SplitterF out of the showdown in september lol
BFTA Grading Q's to;
sorry wont answer Bfta q's on forums, Cant keep track of replies etc!
BFTA updates on

REV26 Ostler Ev2 & x45 comp awaiting a Gary Cane Stock!
Beast Priest Ostler Ev2 & x45 prem ret comp in Warren Edwards stock
If you want the best, Ostler is the man
Pump your Fish, Little or Large
MFTA visitors World championship - Arms dealer 97, Awesime 94, Acid Hands 85