Thread: FT rig help
View Single Post
Old 29th June 2011, 08:22 PM
The Chaser!
Member of: Bisley, Member of the Ostler Air stripper club of GB!

Originally Posted by scutter View Post
Hello All,

As some of you may know, I am a HFT shooter through and through, however, I am going to be writing a few FT article for Airgunner in the coming months and I thought it would be a good idea to learn a bit about the sport before putting pen to paper.

I am of the opinion that the best way to learn, is to get out there and have a go and with this in mind, I have got myself a FT rig. I have a Ar20FT and a big Nikko 10-50x60 mk111 (green turrets).

So apart from the scope and gun and a bean bag what else will I need to shoot FT and what sort of zero would you chaps recommend?

Hi Gary,

Just out of interest what angle is your article going to be coming from about Field Target Shooting?

Personally I believe that ‘good press’ coverage in the mags about FT is a positive step forward.

Would it be a good idea for you to shadow an experienced competitive FT shooter? Someone who has shot constantly for many years and has experienced the changes within the sport.

Maybe they could offer some words of wisdom and advice from the point of how they started and have developed to their current high level of shooting.

Gary what made you choose your FT rifle and scope with no previous experience, would you have just bought an HFT combo without trying different options first or is this the most popular kit for FT shooting?

EV2 - March X 8x80
EV2 'Rev' off Awesime, (the one he didn't spray black.) - Big Nikko