Thread: Anston UKAHFT
View Single Post
Old 25th June 2011, 02:43 PM
NEFTA Chairman
Member of: Anston

Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
One thing I would say though is both yours & Andy's opinions as outsiders might carry more weight if you'd already directed your passion to improving things to your own sport first
I agree pete life would be very dull if changes did not take all be still sat in caves making fire with flints if not..However if by saying "improvments to your own sport" yes changes happen in the GPS every year and the only gp i have shot that caused any controversy was the tawd vale shoot where some targets were a bit cheeky due to the course setters missunderstanding the new format for reducers....Appologies were made for this but still everyone shot the same targets on the day and none were pulled from the total as far as im aware...yes some moaners did take them to heart but the majority got on with it and leasons were learned...However without pushing down the route of HFT vs FT.....i have to say there are exceedingly few calls for targets on gp courses usualy a string may break this is to be expected but there is never 5 whistles which are unnessecery which holds up proceedings. Quite a few gp courses ive shot there have been no whistles morning or afternoon session....This is also the case on nefta winter legue and hunter rounds...I understand yourself and other organisers of the Ukhft work exremley hard to make events run smooth but from my observations some tweaks are needed to consider how to reduce the stoppages on the events so that a lot of people are not left bemused with how long a shoot takes to complete. I know myself this is the case that alot of the UKHFT shooters from both anston and emley rounds have commented on how much they enjoyed the events but felt that the events were spoiled by the number of stoppages. This is the information that the shooters are trying to put accross to try and make the events better as far as i can see.