Thread: Anston UKAHFT
View Single Post
Old 25th June 2011, 11:18 AM
Pete Dutton

Originally Posted by Charlts View Post
Whoah, let's puts the estrogen down a second chaps!

Gary, you made a mistake, the faulty target you descried earlier in this thread was fine, like I said earlier on there's no shame in that. It points out to the less experienced shooters how unlikely a target is to be faulty when the experienced chaps such as you get it wrong. Hopefully it'll put someone off trying to claim points off a miss.

Unless you were actually trying it on, I don't consider you anything other than a somebody who I enjoying taking the **** with - Read that statement again, slowly.

I think there's a problem with a few people calling targets and trying to weasel a point, it's one of the things that's turned me off shooting. The only way I can see to solve it is for the blaggers to sort their **** out and accept they can actually miss because they aren't as good as they think they are. Can anything be done to stop it people trying their luck, which is fairer than the current method? I think public **** taking and peer pressure is the way to stop this sort of behavior, it has to be controlled by the shooters and not the organisers.
I'm not really sure why you are trying to turn this thread into a **** Chilly thread Ryan but lets get on thing straight....the organisers will sort out any persistent offenders not you....your method ends up being called bullying. It would be like me mentioning a Midland hunter organiser moving a string forwards when taking a tricky shot at one of their own shoots & getting a series place as a result wouldn't it

Anyone is free to call a target that they think is faulty & yes you will get the minority who will call a target on the off chance but the target does have to be faulty before any advantage is gained due to the use of the target checker,

Having looked at the target calling log about half of the called targets were actually very experienced shooters.

To put things into perspective at Anston 0.21% of all the shots taken caused stoppages & 0.09% of all the targets shot were found to be working when checked