Thread: Anston UKAHFT
View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2011, 09:29 PM

Sorry if ive touched a raw nerve or two with some folk but mearly fetched an idea to the table that a lot of peoplethink would make this competition airgunning world of ours a better place .
Eyup pete
The information i was given as the shoot unfolded, was at least 3 people called the target in question before it was pulled ( which is a lot , in my opinion ) obviously not to some regular shooters .As i stated earlier all the targets were extensively shot after the days events ( & i took at least 25 shots at target 21 on saturday on 50x mag ) & when hit the target fell cleanly . ( i also know that you knocked it down in the comp prior to it being pulled ) .What i did notice whilst shooting at it was that my pellets were striking 10 -12 mm low ( possibly due to the air density over water ) so anyone mis ranging the target on the lowside ( it was 41 yds away ) may have split or dropped out at 6 oclock .?With regards to the target checking system , when our chairman went out to check num 21 target he knocked it over 3 consecutive times with the target checker held in 2 hands but when the chief marshall went out to check it, he firstly dopped the checker in the muddy water & then proceeded to try & knock it over holding the checker in 1 hand & it wouldnt go over .
One other instance i was witness too was on the very first shot at a particular target when a shooter 'called' the shot .It happened on the nextlane to me so i said to the marshall , ' to save stopping the shoot let me have a look with my gun & 50 mag scope ) which was beside me . This i did & could clearly see a split pellet at 1 oclock . I told the shooter this but they still insisted on the target being checked , stopping the whole shoot in the process & setting the trend for that session .
I know that i dont shoot ukahft events anymore but sometimes a viewpoint from an outsider can hopefully help to further improve the sport .
Sorry if ive offended anyone , just trying to help .
atb calps .