View Single Post
Old 15th June 2011, 09:38 AM

Well its not to long now before booking in is live for GP8 at East Devon FTC so I thought I would put up some info on the shoot and accomadation Ideas for those that wish to travel down to us.

The shoot will be held at EAST DEVON FTC on August 7th 2011, The ground is approx 3 miles from Junction 28 M5, Going south take the exit at Junction 28 and top of sliproad turn left onto the A373 towards Honiton, approx 2 miles go past Pub on your right ( Keepers Cottage ) 150 yards on sweeping right hand bend take right turn into lane and follow down to staggered junction, take second on right ( looks straight on) and follow lane past scrap yard on right, 200 yards you have arrived at shoot, Park in field on your right where there will be a ZERO Range, The Silly's, booking in, and food and drink.Gut busters and the lovely dawn will be on hand to feed you all day as per last year and breakfast will be available from 6.30am, The shoot will be held in the woods opposite the parking which will entail crossing the country lane with your rifles, although the lane is quite i would like all shooters to keep rifles covered whilst crossing the lane, There is a covered area where shooting bags can be kept in the shooting ground. Signposts will be put up from Junction 28 and follow these into the shoot, Its very easy to find. It takes me approx 1hr 45 mins on the M5 to get to Harriers FTC ground from Here so hope that will help with travel times and bristol is 50 mins.

There are quite a few travelodges, premierInns and holiday Inns within 15 miles of the shoot to choose from and several camp sites, If needed I can arrange overnight camping at the Keepers cottage Pub 1 mile from the shoot, real local ale and good food. If interested please let me know.

We look forward to seeing all in Devon and we hope to build on the success of 2010, just ask he guys that came last year its worth the trip.

Chris Jones
SWEFTA Club Champions 2006,07,08,09,10

Last edited by ChrisJ; 15th June 2011 at 09:45 AM.