View Single Post
Old 5th June 2011, 06:40 PM
Weerach ninja
Member of: Pontefract ARC.
Default Enough's enough!

The best part of six months have passed and today i thought i'd take the boinger out for an hour, I went up to Ponty with the '77 and my '45 pistol with the idea that if the springer was too much i could have a play with the pistol.
I sat down at one of the bench's...something i never do...because i thought i would be able to manage the gun better if the bulk of it's weight was supported, after a half a dozen shots i gave up and sat on the beanbag FT stylee, i couldn't hold the gun anywhere near still off the bench and still to this day can't fathom out the other club members who sit there hour after hour every week...
I put about a hundred shots through the old girl just happily plinking away at anything and everything from 10 to 55 yards before i started getting tired and put her away again.
Since before christmas i haven't been interested in shooting at all, i've been up to Redfearns quite often and Ponty on and off but never taken a rifle with me to shoot, i just haven't been bothered at all.
After today's day out it's clear to me that i'm a long way off from getting back to where i was last year both physically and mentally but i'm determined to do it and at my pace too, when i want and as much as i want.
NSRA Club coach
International panel beater extraordinare
NHS pin cushion
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread