View Single Post
Old 2nd June 2011, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisJ View Post
Spot on Conner.... I have to build a course now that reflec's the use of reducers and not to the best of what the terrain can offer at East Devon for this years course. The set lane distance rule for the standers and kneelers is wrong aswell in my opinion, Gp's are supposed to test the best FT shooters in the world not make it easier for C or B grade shooters to hit a stander or Kneeler. To many are coming in with big scores now, It was not long ago a GP could be won on a 43, now you are lucky if you win it on a 48 with several shooters on the same score, To me that tells me either the courses are getting made to easy with the new regulations or we as shooters are getting to good........
Quite agree Chris too many gimmees, a shot has to be earnt not given.
I know a few grounds that will not tender future GP's with current rules.

Personally feel its a backwards step, way too many small kills at short range. Take out the disciplines, as it stands thats one in every four shots at less than 35 yards, boring bringing lack of interest.
Nice to eventually see others seeing it my way and a quote from above "As for the Must have 8 x 25 ml kills, I think that needs changing" Just leave it to the discretion of the course builders.

Dont mind the 15mm but didnt notice them at Harriers.

If we want to stay the best in the world we need courses to cater for it.
The intention of FT is wind and trajectory.