View Single Post
Old 31st May 2011, 07:43 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset
Default Update from Derek

Arrived in the inbox just now...

Hi Chaps.

You may remember I was going on holiday when I sent out the previous message. Well my wife and I went on a P and O cruise on the Advanturer up to Monte Carlo and all was going well until we left Gibralter and were on the way back to Southampton. I walked over to get a paper when I had a cardiac arrest. No warning. I remember nothing until waking in Southampton high dependancy ward 3 days later. Without a doubt the ships hospital being within 50yds of me they saved my life and today they have sent a photot of all the team and me in the middle. I have recognition of one person only. Anyway I will forgive them cracking my ribs and covering me with bruises. Southampton hospital has now fitted a defibrilator under the skin and I am back home. I cannot use an arc welder. To carry on or just pack it in? That is the quesstion. Some items I have to refuse and am concentrating on a quite healthy order book for Field Targets. Be aware it all takes time for me to recover and to cetch up on the orders. Aint life strange.

Derek Peckover
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep