View Single Post
Old 28th May 2011, 03:49 PM
Member of: MAD
Default Thw

Originally Posted by sixshooter View Post
Hi Gary
With reference to ( Sorry you Guys at THW are so upset)

I can asure you the club members at thw probably dont give a toss. I was only trying to get some feedback from other clubs who were there on that day. Mainly because it was the first time we had held a big comp
at Thw . And that myself and my wife had spent alot of time sorting the event out , And as THW club has
been suggested in the past and quite recently, that we arent " all that" and not worth a look( By someone from another club) ,i just wanted to make sure it was a great day had by all . And not someone slagging off my club. like normal.We at thw worked bloody hard on that day and im so sorry that asking if if the top shooters of the day enjoyed themselves has got your back up! It seems your instantly on the defensive this week going by other posts that are on here too. Hence thats why we suggested you chill out!

Hi Tony / Karen.

your last shoot was well run and organised and it was clear a lot of hard work was put into the preparation of the shoot. With referance to your coarses " that arent all that" i would disagree the coarse was set to thorpe hall rules and not UKAHFT rules.
Which means large kills at close range and other smaller mini kills a bit closer/further away witch did catch a few people out as they are stuck in the ukahft rules mind set, the blue bells, twigs, mounds and logs along the pellet path made each shot a challenge as you had to find a way through this meant taking some shots standing and kneeling rather than all prone. I personally enjoyed every shot i took and for me it made a change from the clear lanes on a ukhahft set coarse.
The food drinks and catering were also great my only complaint for the day would be that i was not a good enough shot to win the gun or any of the cash prizes, but i did win a few prizes in the raffle to make up for it.
The event in my eyes was a great success and i hope it becomes an annual event i will be back and hope to see all your members down at MAD for some of our shoots in the future.

altb Darren