View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2011, 10:50 PM
Member of: Kibworth

Originally Posted by bootneckbob View Post
Hi, just thought I'd ask the educated forum on here what there thoughts are on this. Currently my LG110 seems to group better if the barrel's pulled through every fill. I've heard other people say they never clean theirs; I know each barrel is different, but am I likey to do more damage than good pulling it through every fill?
I don't mind doing it, and I can see it would make for a consistant shooting, so your thoughts please..........

also, on a slight aside, I think the batch of JSB Exacts i'm using aren't great, which does make any kind of test pointless!
They're 8.4 4.52 which have in the past been spot on, but currently don't group that well. If I put some 7.9 Express in it they group fantastically. Now before you all say the obvious (shoot them), the old batch of Exact were equally as good.

Thanks in advance for any replies and taking the time to read this on what is a beautiful afternoon!

Hello mate,

I have a .177 LG110 HP Hunting, mine likes a fairly regular clean to keep it grouping nice and tight.
You won't do any damage with regular cleaning as long as you use the right stuff and don't over do it.
As for the latest batches of JSB Exact 4.52 I don't know whats going on, they are rubbish, all over the place, not as they were a few months ago so I thought I would weigh a few. Wow, the weight is all over the place as well, they are supposed to be around the 8.44 grn mark but this latest sleeve I'm using range from 8.20 grn to 8.64 grn, a variation of 0.44 grn.
I checked a tin of JSB Express 4.52's that I had lying around and they are pretty consistent with a variation of about 0.20 grn