View Single Post
Old 26th April 2011, 08:08 AM
Member of: M.A.D

Originally Posted by Charlts View Post
How can you not be happy with a weekends shooting? It beats being at work no matter how bad the score.

If people aren't happy with how they shot, is it due to thinking they're better than they are because they've come out with a lower score than they've scored a few times before? Lots of people crumble on the big stage and I spoke with a load of people who were putting a hell of a lot of pressure on themselves. You only had to watch people swearing and beating themselves up after a miss to pick up on it, the difference between the blokes at the top and the average shooters is the top blokes aren't bothered by missing and it doesn't get in their heads.
I agree with the above, and am totally guilty of the "beating yourself up" bit. Scored poorley on day 1 and then did almost the same on day 2.
We can blame the gun, scope, pellets, wind, sun, the course, the list is endless, but eventually it comes down to us. I pulled the trigger, I take responsibility.
I just wasnt good enough and will do what I can to improve. My range finding let me down, so there is a good place to start.
Fantastic weekend though....wouldn't have missed it.

MAD for it.

Steyr LG 110 Gary Cane, Leupold 2.5-8x36 TMR
Member of the UYK, UYB, UYC, UYH & UYE club.

I would like to agree with you....but then we would both be wrong !!