Thread: Worlds
View Single Post
Old 19th April 2011, 04:34 PM
Pete Dutton

Originally Posted by Bombhead View Post
Fair play to the one of us that hit it (yes, I'm a boinger and probably missed it but my memory has the funny habit of blocking out failure

As a recoiling shooter and a left hander (could I get any more marginalised....please don't answer), I thought the course was very well set out...there were a few shots that took a while to find the right position but I would expect that. In the past I've had to resort to all sorts of contortions including shooting right handed just to even see the kill. Admittedly I'm average height so didn't experience the problems some did with the targets in question.
That is the problem, I don't think we can make any rules that will suit everyone as targets set for the shorter shoot could penalise the taller shooter & visa versa, then there are recoiling shooters, .22" shooters & of course left handers.

We've got a few ideas that we are going to try over the next few weeks & we'll see how they go.

We aren't however willing to change the rules so we sanitize the event & all end up shooting in a flat field