Thread: Sywell Open
View Single Post
Old 21st June 2009, 08:52 PM
I came, I saw, I missed..
Default where were you then?

One of your guys made a good show for you, forgot his name though, the guy who takes the Staffie dog with him.
Sadly for the Sywell crew, who had put a good course out it ,was a low turnout unfortunately, Mr Giillot came
2nd with 45 beaten to first by 1 point by a young man whose name I did not catch.

glorously sunny day with the usual sywell wind always ready to prey on the unwary, a gemntle breeze at most but caused some dismayed looks on many faces, on the bank the classic "s" shaped strings were confusing a few.

Ian took first in B, followed by Rob Long, personally I had a shootoff for third and after both of ius dropping one on sitters movd onto kneelers, my opponant missed the shorter target and got the later 45 yarder, fortunately I got the short one as well to clinch it.
C grade and Juniors put in very good scores, I think a junior was either low forties or very high thirties, either way top shooting.
So all in glad you didn't make it as you have been beating my scores and would have had a shot at taking some glass home!

Many thanks to Sywell for the shoot and the weather. And if your guy can train that Staffie to score then he's onto a winner!

See you at Byley.