Thread: First big one
View Single Post
Old 4th April 2011, 01:11 PM
Member of: emley moor FTC

Originally Posted by RobF View Post
Stretch I say!

You can use mobiles as modems, but it's called 'tethering' and some carriers like to charge different rates for the data. But perhaps that's something that could be just done as an expense to see how it flies?

But it would be great.

Get a sponsor to stump up for a dirty great LCD, PDA handheld scorecards wifi'd back to base, infomercials and adverts running in between live score updates... tis the future. Imagine that at the Euros as 1000's walk past. Obviously if you're going to that expense a few HD slowmo cams spread around the place showing pellet flight and strikes would be nice.

We would have to do something about Calpin's shorts though!

Already had the suggestion made to me of two video's, one covering the firing line, another on a tricky target... let em run, record, stick the feed up wherever afterwards side by side for people to view. Not a 5 minute job, but could be fun one day.

Got a sound operated shutter release here on my desk as well...

Yes me and rob talked about using some sort of live split screen like the have in darts.
Something like a 55 yarder be gr8 to watch my trigger snath tech lol.
F.t is not great spectator sport this would at least open it up an let people whom have no understanding of what F.T is all about.
It really needs someone in the know with the technology to see if it could be done at a reasonable cost and without too much fuss. It'd be great at the midland game fair.