View Single Post
Old 21st March 2011, 09:26 PM
Judge Diva
Member of: Nelson FTC
Default Your wrong

Originally Posted by NJR 100 View Post
I can see how it might work.

Take our own Wafta Winter final thing.

Most shooters in our region are B class or "real" A Class. We dont have many AA class in wafta and they are classed as A for regional.
So come our final and C,B, A shooters are thinking oh well, Berty is going to win it.
However, with a handicap system the lower scorers have a chance, so they have something to aim for?

However, It dont work for me. I dont ike the points system either, i prefere number of targets hit as thats what the game is about. Thus i would have said Neil won.
To the rest of the shooters, you need to improve. Its what i have been trying to do for the last 5 years.

So, i guess the choice is not to enter the Castle handicap system if you thinks its not working, which is what i would probably do at this point?

There is a difference here, the final at WAFTA is like a mini showdown, which is also shot in CSFTA etc every year...

This is not a club shoot as your making comment on that your not involved in is it....!!!

A fun club shoot can be run differently compared to regional shoots etc as rules are in place for grades etc etc.

How can you class a showdon shoot to this Simon thats what bewilders me bud??? I like the idea that oh Berty is going to win it, I like the Showdown style of shooting etc, plus I have been lucky enough to do well at them personally....

The lads I speak to enjoy shooting them as well, I dont take it for granted that I am going to win it etc etc, some damn good lads struggle with this sort of set up when shooting it???