View Single Post
Old 20th March 2011, 11:05 PM
Member of: Purley Chase FTC

Originally Posted by alk1 View Post
whats the problem with shooters taking shots in the sitting position if it helps them out,DISABLED standing or kneeling.
I have to use the sitting position to take my shots for the kneelers because i have bad knee problems as do other shooters.
And as for anyone winning a major open in these positions i dout it very much because they are not the most stable.
Sorry but i think this is sour grapes on your part before its even happened.

Well said,

Having a damaged right knee, kneeling shots have become impossible during the cold winter months. To overcome this I have had to resort to the disabled position for these shots. I can say that this is nowhere near as stable as a correct kneeling position. My kneelers dropped from about 80% before the pain became intolerable to about 50%using the Disabled stance.

Having worked on a better keeling position with less stress on the joint, I have managed 4 ex 4 today and felt much more stable and confident. The warmer weather helps too.

For any shooter to assume the disabled position (or shooter) is any advantage is totally wrong and uninformed. If any fit able bodied shooter feels threatened by Injured or disabled competitors, they need to up their game a little, not knock those already at a disadvantage.

And after all it is only a game!!
Make every shot count

Steyr Hunting 5 Scott Lupold 3-9x33EFR(for LSR )

FWB P70/Bushnell 6500 4-30x50T

SteyrLG110/Bushnell 6500 5-30x50

Steyr LG 100 FT Bush elliot 8-32x40

Last edited by JEV; 20th March 2011 at 11:21 PM.