View Single Post
Old 16th March 2011, 01:39 PM
Because I`m AWESIME !!
Member of: Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree

Originally Posted by Kingplinker View Post
Thanks chaps , very much appreciated .

Firstly my kneeling is my strongest position for most shooting situations as it doesn't put any strain on my back and neck , I didn't realise I could shoot kneeling instead of sitting . ( Is that a general rule or a regional thing ) ?
I have plenty of room to set the rifle up so that isn't a problem although I have no idea what to zero or on what mag etc so I think I will have to do some more homework .lol
I am too used to fixed mag bushnell 10x40's for HFT you see and the closest I have come to altering PX is with my Falcon FFP !
I have tried the sitting stance and to be honest if I lay one leg down ( knee to the floor ) and use the other to rest the rifle on it's not too uncomfortable at all , this is where you tell me thats against the rules isn't it .
Looks like Bisley would be the closest for me so if the bug bites I may have to have a look there , I used to shoot at Bisley on the Friday night chip shop challenge so I am an old pro .... and never once had to buy the chips !!!

many thanks

No, you can take them all kneeling apart from the standers. thats only 4 standing targets in a Gp, regional will be 2 or 4?
Loys of people focus / range find on max mag, but then turn it down to shoot. up to you to find what works for you?
Your discription of sitting is how i often have to take mine, right leg flat on the ground.
Get yourself off to Bisley, lots of nice chaps and lasses there to help you out.
BFTA Grading Q's to;
sorry wont answer Bfta q's on forums, Cant keep track of replies etc!
BFTA updates on

REV26 Ostler Ev2 & x45 comp awaiting a Gary Cane Stock!
Beast Priest Ostler Ev2 & x45 prem ret comp in Warren Edwards stock
If you want the best, Ostler is the man
Pump your Fish, Little or Large
MFTA visitors World championship - Arms dealer 97, Awesime 94, Acid Hands 85