View Single Post
Old 16th March 2011, 10:53 AM
Because I`m AWESIME !!
Member of: Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree

Originally Posted by Kingplinker View Post
Thanks , looked on the BFTA site earlier although was wrried when I saw flared trousers and old springers on the PDF I guess the rules haven't changed much over the years ?

Sitting FT style is very uncomfortable as I have back and neck problems although I hope that over time it may become easier , I couldn't even lay prone until a few years ago and had to shoot everything standing and kneeling .
It's fair to say that I am probably better off kneeling as opposed to any other shooting position .

HaHa, think those old photos could do with updating?

We should use some of Holly, thats bound to encourage new shooters!

As suggested, try the larget Ft bags. They are good. ETL FTC sell them for 27, see Keith Worboyes.

On the ft course you have to take the standers standing, but could take all other kneeling. My kneeling position is not much less stable than my sitting one. Dont know what your is like?

As for Prone, the trouble is with course preperation? Usually there are just a few people putting each course out. The extra work needed to clear / level a shooting position for prone shooting would put quite alot of extra work into preparing a course, dependng on the venue. Our club is a disused Quarry and so quiet eneven in places. Every time i put a course on i like to move the firing line and I dig out new fox holes for people to sit in / on as flat a surface as i can, the extra work needed to dig out enough space for prone would probably not see me doing it!
Other grounds are much better suited to prone shooting. Sometimes all that is needed is a strimmer to cut the grass?

Prone in ft, you cant rest the rifle butt on the floor as with Hft.
BFTA Grading Q's to;
sorry wont answer Bfta q's on forums, Cant keep track of replies etc!
BFTA updates on

REV26 Ostler Ev2 & x45 comp awaiting a Gary Cane Stock!
Beast Priest Ostler Ev2 & x45 prem ret comp in Warren Edwards stock
If you want the best, Ostler is the man
Pump your Fish, Little or Large
MFTA visitors World championship - Arms dealer 97, Awesime 94, Acid Hands 85