View Single Post
Old 14th March 2011, 10:36 AM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset
Post Straight from the tin...

Some interesting results from two batches of mozzies... completely unscientific, but i think it shows what i've been harping on about for a while.

The chrono tests were with just a handful, i hate chronos for putting something in my head i never saw on a range, so tend to steer away from them beyond trying to see something specific, and testing legality.

Batch one, groups tight at 55yds, very little height variation to the point where i can't tell if it's me or not. Over the chrono, sub 2 fps deviation shot to shot.

Batch two, noticable vertical spread at 55yds, enough to cause trouble by dropping you low in the kill, or pushing you high, enough to say it isn't me. Over the chrono 7 fps deviation. Strangely not enough by a ballistics calculator to show the spread seen.

Tested in another gun of the same make, results apeing the above trend. Haven't weighed them, but suffice to say I am happy to shoot one from the tin without sorting & fettling if i have to, and another I'll need to see if i can get as good, or close with fettling before I'll be happy shooting them.

Batch one is 6 years old. Batch two is 4.

Will do some more investigation to see what else is revealed on weight and head size.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread