View Single Post
Old 14th March 2011, 07:20 AM
Judge Diva
Member of: Nelson FTC
Default Morning Andy

Originally Posted by WelshAndy View Post

My name is Andy.... suprise that!

Ive been shooting Airguns, shotguns and firearms for nearly 30 years. Im originally from Risca, South Wales, though now live nearer Carmarthen. I used to shoot some FT in the early days at the Travellers Rest, penyfan pond site. which some of you will remember.

Ive read this site since the early days and am impressed how its grown. I enjoy the friendly atmosphere here.

I have more air rifles than I can remember . Its not that theres lots of rifles, just that my memory is bad.

I would like to get back into FT/HFT, though I think my main rig, a .177 R10 is geared more towards HFT, and my preferred shooting position is suited more to FT... Not to good from kneeling.

Ive been training lots and am using a friends Barn door and can now hit it 3 times out of 4, so lots more practice is needed.

Morning Andy,

I remember the old ground at Blaenau Gwent with that wind fella, was a ***** of a place on times fair play...

As your now living in Carmarthen, I think the nearest FT club is Tondu, which is the same ground as it has been for years, not sure if you shot there before though, its near Keens Guns in Aberkenfig....

For HFT, Quarry is the main club in Wales for that, they have been running for many years now and are at the same ground they have ben for again many years. So there are options there for yourself to think about club wise.

Hope to see yourself soon at some comps anyway...

Mark "Berty" Bassett