View Single Post
Old 13th March 2011, 10:35 AM
SWEFTA FT Champion 2006
Member of: Mendip Air Gun Club, East Devon FTC, Avon Hawks FTC.

Since I am unfortunately involved in this debate because of my condition, I read the posts with interest, and try not to comment or infulance others thoughts too much.

However I think what you suggest Doz about the Doctors note/written proof of disabilities would not be a problem to be provide by the "genuine" person, and that would stop all those others suggested by this thread that are taking advantage.

Within SWEFTA, I only know of 3 people that use one or other of these positions, all are genuine and it has not caused any problems at all, so to think of a seperate class of 3 would not be very competive!

About being more stable, it is NOT for us because of our conditions, but does give us a change to try and take the shot as closely to the normal position as possible. My personal view on the alternative standing position, is that very, very few people should ever have to use this position .... if you can still walk or limp around a course as I do, then take them in the normal way ..... I certainly do for the standers! (If you in a wheelchair or have to use cruches/stick, then that maybe a different case!
AA Field Target Team 2007~2011
East Devon FTC - SWEFTA Club Champions 2006/2007/2008/2009/2010 & 2013/2014/2015