View Single Post
Old 11th March 2011, 06:56 PM
Member of: Anston FTC

I have Osteoarthritis in both knees and right hip. I'm not registered disabled and try to lead as normal a life as possible. I enjoy shooting in competitions, and to think I'd have to enter into a special category sickens me to the point where I'd rather pack it in. When shooting in HFT comps I have to shoot the kneeling shots standing, which puts able bodied shooters at an advantage (sure that's discrimination of some sort but I'm not complaining). I did use the alternative kneeling position in the NEFTA winter league, did that give me an advantage..........don't think so as it's still sodding painful . I've heard a few remarks about how it shouldn't be allowed and how it put's able bodied shooters at a disadvantage and how you must be registered disabled or have a doctors report stating your disabilities. All I can say is.........for gods sake get a grip. Stop moaning and complaining and be thankful that you can take the kneeling/standing shots as they should be taken.........I wish I could (kneeling shots any way, still capable of taking standing shots).

TBH if some of you are that desperate to win that you want to ruin the sport for less advantaged shooters then you should be ashamed of yourselfs. I shoot because I enjoy it.....end of.