View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2011, 05:11 PM
Member of: purley chase ftc

Originally Posted by NJR 100 View Post
No real problem using the chrono Chris, just that I can not understand why my gun had a supposed 20 foot variation over 4 shots? To start at 834 and 3 shots later be at 815 i would have expected trouble on the course?

It "passed" as you say and as that was the chrono in use, thats all it got to do, though yes compared to the Skan i have borrowed here and the Tondu Chrono, to me yours is reading slightly high? I know others said they thaught it was low?
As far as i am aware, Mike williams uses this chrono to set up all his guns. I have borrowed it and think i will splash out the 190 for a new one. What i would then do is set my guns by it, but then re-cailibrate to the Bfta chrono. Being a must do job as an Njr owner, first thing i do at any shoot is check my gun on the chrono in use. Its a practise i see no reason to change?
mine go over bfta on the low side 790s if it groups or i start having to put clicks on i get the chrono out,some guns can be quite bad like 15 fps spread over a chrono but good grouping,dont get in a pickle with chronos matey,if you miss a target its the shooter not the gun
cr 97 in jim vickers ft stock bsa big 60 scope, and silly about of hunting guns