Thread: Help pleASE
View Single Post
Old 15th June 2009, 06:27 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by villiers View Post
I range on the knot as i find this the best, i checked the ranges afterwards the 45yard board was comeing up as 55yard.Went to Bisley to day the 55yard board was well round past my normal mark,scope temp was 23deg which is the hottes i have shot this scope in.I started in lane 5 my first target came in as 52 1/2 dailed my normal setting gave the wind and hit 12oclock 1/2 inch high .The rest is history.
That sounds like the problem then. If known ranges are shifting, then, that's got to be a major factor.

I got mine to range nicely, but I never had a chance to use it all year around as I kept going back to my fisher price one.

I looked through rich's and got 45 at 50... but then those white boards threw mine forward by 2.5 yds and I only got them on the money when I went off the stumps they were nailed to. I also had fun and games with the strings, as many had lost their frays, and I really need to have something in the order of a single strand or a spider's web to be sure, else I can be 2.5yds out, at least.

I wasn't used to rich's scope to say whether it was out or just the way i was using it.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep