View Single Post
Old 6th February 2011, 07:20 PM
Because I`m AWESIME !!
Member of: Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
Default All coming together?

Saturday nights "Fit an EV2 into a storm 3300" session went well, which was surprising.

So the trip to Bisley today meant the REV slept well and was fresh and ready to go upon unpacking.

10 minutes on the Zero showed 2 clicks low at 50 & 40 m so adjusted. Should not have bothered Thursday.

On the course the wind was strong, anyhting past 40m could see anything from edge of kill to 4 inches? Still, cant fault the gun as again it was spot on.

I did discover that drinking an energy drink before shooting is a bad idea. It was that or the excitment of Shooting with Woody again?
No, the drink seemed to have sent my pulse racing? No breakfast apart from a starbucks may not have helped?
What ever, the first 20 or so targets saw my pulse causing loads of problems that although in most i dealt with, could have done without?

So, once again it seems the weak link in the chain was preperation?

Settled down and was cruising, 4 down after 35 targets. Got "distracted" in converstaion with Team Tondu and mis dialed the 50 yarder target 36, gave perfect 2 inches of wind and watched the pellet strike directly below the 6!
Then mis dialled the kneeler in the next lane, still talking and went high!
Could not be bothered coming out of kill for the final target as the job was done.

Of the other misses, two were splits (Targets 8&9), two for wind (targets 2 & 17), two for talking (36&37) and last one could not be bothered (40).

So, its preperation and concentration the factors that need working on for a week or two?
BFTA Grading Q's to;
sorry wont answer Bfta q's on forums, Cant keep track of replies etc!
BFTA updates on

REV26 Ostler Ev2 & x45 comp awaiting a Gary Cane Stock!
Beast Priest Ostler Ev2 & x45 prem ret comp in Warren Edwards stock
If you want the best, Ostler is the man
Pump your Fish, Little or Large
MFTA visitors World championship - Arms dealer 97, Awesime 94, Acid Hands 85