View Single Post
Old 4th February 2011, 08:40 AM
Because I`m AWESIME !!
Member of: Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
Default Leave my EV2 out of this

Save hi ******* MY thread, where can only post if you have a good reason why i have missed

Originally Posted by Mr P View Post
[/COLOR]Not disagreeing it will all be about target placement the only problem is with 8x 25mm kills and 2x 15 mm killls + 10 disciplins that leaves 30 target which with the current standard 20 of these will be over 50 yards add the rest over 40 yards there aint gonna be many c and b graders turning up for long>
Are we going back to Anston again then?

Originally Posted by berty177 View Post

I understand your point fella and I know we have chatted about this a few times now. It is all down to the course builders to ensure that the course isnt set out stupidly. I can tell you for a fact that when Nelson had their last GP in 2009, we had 12 over 50 yards 18 in the 40 yards distanc\e and a few full kills in the 30 yard area.
It is all about target placement on the day that makes the course good, not the fact that you have to have all the 40mm kills long due to alot of reduce kill targets being put in. Various things were put to the BFTA at the last meeting regarding this but the rules were passed by vote. We will haave to try it for the year and see how it goes, if it doesnt work then make new representations of what people want and then change it.
I for one will not be putting alot of 50+ yarders out for the GP in Nelson, when planning the course myself, Doz, Jack, Simon Tipping etc plan the course best to suit the ground and surroundings to get the best out of it. That would mean I wouldnt want people coming off the course saying god that was too hard, I am knackered from shooting that etc.. People should be coming off the course saying how much fun they had shooting it etc.
Intersting you say you had 12 over 50 at Nelson Berty causer thats what we had last year at tondu.
Now in 2009 at Nelson I thaught the course was too long yet I thaught ours was not too long? Maybe the fact i knew the course better?
While Anston was the least favourite Gp i shot last year of the 7 i did, i do usually appreciate the variety we get in Ft course, just not a fan of straight firing line course. Yes, this years rule change would have meant I may well have enjoyed Anston a bit more, but my fear now is that every course is going to become very simular in targets and distances?

Prepared to give it a go this year, but We (wafta) like the Midlanders did not vote for the changes as propossed. We wanted to walk before running and went for up to 8 ( i think, or was it must have 4) x 1 inch, yes we included the 15 ml but they are not a problem if placed correctly.
I propossed the number of stander and kneelers were 6 of each and the current rule that out to 45 yards stay. I feel this daft "standers" must be an no greater than 60 yards for the pair will spoil a course to some degree. I want a good 41 yard stander and then you get a X in the box with a 19 or less yarder to go with it!

Still, Will be a busy Bfta AGM this year with Wafta proposals perhaps!
BFTA Grading Q's to;
sorry wont answer Bfta q's on forums, Cant keep track of replies etc!
BFTA updates on

REV26 Ostler Ev2 & x45 comp awaiting a Gary Cane Stock!
Beast Priest Ostler Ev2 & x45 prem ret comp in Warren Edwards stock
If you want the best, Ostler is the man
Pump your Fish, Little or Large
MFTA visitors World championship - Arms dealer 97, Awesime 94, Acid Hands 85