View Single Post
Old 3rd February 2011, 07:36 PM

the kit you use is relative to how seriously you take your sport, if your in it for the fun then your not going to start spending 2k on a scope, you will find what works for you and your wallet and go from there!

If however your playing at the top end of the sport, if you can fund it then your going to buy the best equipment to help you do the job, thats the same irrespective of what sport your in, have a look at the price of a set of custom golf clubs for instance, or top of the range sea fishing equipment!

If someone wants to pay for a march to get the range as close to exact as possible then whats the problem, it may split 52 from 53 but it wont tell you how much wind to give, nor will it cancel out the wobbles or improve your stances, no matter how much you spend you still have to put the shot in right place!

I'm in my second year of FT using equipment that is suitable for the job I started with a Webley Vulcan and a 6x40 in C class, that was good enough to get me into B, I then "progressed" to a Webley Omega with a 4-14x50pa scope and won a couple of class trophies with it, now I use a HW100S mossies and a T50 development scope, and thats got me into A class, would I splash out on a Walther and a Leup at the moment , no, my misses are my own fault and untill I can say the equipment is holding me back I will keep on plugging away!

But, I dont resent it when I am beaten by people with more expensive kit, I just respect thier skills relative to my own!