View Single Post
Old 3rd February 2011, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
I guess going back to the earlier days of FT Nick J having a scope that was way above that of most others was a factor in his success but I'm not sure there is much positive to say for that.
Having known Nick for a good many years, it would be worth pointing out his early success came about with his HW77/Bushmaster 3-9x40 combo, which he used to good effect to win his original Shamal rifle. When he got that rifle he topped it with a Tasco 6-24x44 scope which realisitcally was not that much better than the other 6-24 scopes that were becoming prevalent in the late 80 to early 90's. Sure Nick got involved with Premier Reticles, but a lot of folk were buying the same sort of kit back then as well (much of it from Nick), so realistically it was Nick's skill that kept him ahead of the field.

Originally Posted by berty177 View Post
Why should there be more restrictions etc added to the sport, people say enough now about rules and changes that restrict things within the sport.
To be brutally honest the time for trying to restrain the kit is long since passed - this nettle should have been considered 20 or more years ago.

I personally think that consideration needs to be given to how to keep FT attractive to the newcomer - who will see the 'mega' kit in use and is likely to be taken aback by the costs. If the sport doesn't keep monitoring how to encourage newcomers the possibility of FT going extinct over time is a possibility and I do hope that does not happen.