View Single Post
Old 3rd February 2011, 08:32 AM
Because I`m AWESIME !!
Member of: Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree

Originally Posted by CharlieM View Post
Berty, my post which Jev quoted was slightly tongue in cheek and whilst I personally have no interest in laser rangefinders I do think we need to consider where our sport is headed "if" we are getting to the point where you can buy a "significant" advantage. That's not a sport of skill. Is a top limit on magnification such a terrible idea if we want to keep rangefinding a competitive element of the sport?
Back in the good old days when i first started Ft, before the first lueps hit the beach, we had a very good range finding scope that was cheap as chips. It took a bit of practise to get it to work properly, but once up and running. We called it the the Mk 1 Eyeball.
Lot to be said for sitting down on your bag and already knowing its going to be 40 and 50 ish before sighting the scopes. Its amazing how many people cant range find by eye.

Personally, i dont think the mega zoom scopes have an advantage over my Lueps. Disadvantage when you see that Berty has had to sell his soul to pay for his lol

I think however and i have been saying this for the past few years, that what we need is more smaller kills out to 40 yards. I have seen some real poor New scopes that new shooters have paid 2-300+ come to our club that can only range find to about 45 at best with any degree of accuracy, usually 40 is it and a target at 45+ can be, 45, 50, 42! If there were more kills closer in, then the low end scopes would at least have "more" of a chance.
Small kill = Skill???
BFTA Grading Q's to;
sorry wont answer Bfta q's on forums, Cant keep track of replies etc!
BFTA updates on

REV26 Ostler Ev2 & x45 comp awaiting a Gary Cane Stock!
Beast Priest Ostler Ev2 & x45 prem ret comp in Warren Edwards stock
If you want the best, Ostler is the man
Pump your Fish, Little or Large
MFTA visitors World championship - Arms dealer 97, Awesime 94, Acid Hands 85

Last edited by NJR 100; 3rd February 2011 at 08:49 AM.