View Single Post
Old 30th January 2011, 09:17 PM
Because I`m AWESIME !!
Member of: Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
Default Praise the Lord

Interesting and very enjoyable day out.

With hardly any real testing Friday it was just a few, perhaps 20 shots on the bucaneers zero range to confirm all seemd fine.

Indeed, the first two targets dropped but there was technical problem with 3 & 4. Did not see why they moved very little but suspect pellets went straight and i should have stayed in the kill.

7 & was a kneeler where the steep downhill angle was not helped by not having a flat shooting position, so slipped and pulled the shot as i went for it.
Target 9 was a stander where the newly adjusted trigger caught me out, went off when not quite expecting it and shot the 30 odd yard Rabbit in the foot!

The other two were wind, nothing more than a bit more shooting with the gun needed i think?

Indeed, one change that stuck out today was the position of my thumb. Of the two upright positions Gary Cane puts in these stocks, before John Oslter did his work last week the outside one was of little use to me. Others (Berty) said they liked it.
John adjusted the trigger for me, folling my rough ideas of what i wanted and today, on the rest of the positional the outside "upright" thumb position was superb.
Another thing that stood out was follow through. Cant remember watching so many pellets make their way to the target and noting the strike point.

So how was the REV today overall?

To Quote, MEGA

Really looking forward to bisley next week now, just need a couple of practise session to adjust the Gemini again, hopefully Johno's rail will arrive this week too so the package is complete by next Sunday which is going to be known as ;

Woody's Bisley Bashing

Thanks for being great company and top sport today Justin.
BFTA Grading Q's to;
sorry wont answer Bfta q's on forums, Cant keep track of replies etc!
BFTA updates on

REV26 Ostler Ev2 & x45 comp awaiting a Gary Cane Stock!
Beast Priest Ostler Ev2 & x45 prem ret comp in Warren Edwards stock
If you want the best, Ostler is the man
Pump your Fish, Little or Large
MFTA visitors World championship - Arms dealer 97, Awesime 94, Acid Hands 85