View Single Post
Old 30th January 2011, 04:29 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by HotShot View Post
Any one with a comp that struggles to rangefind should make sure that it hasnt been parallaxed too close.

My 45x was very vague at 50 and 55 yards when I got it but that was soon sorted my moving the closest parallax distance from 9 yards to 10 yards.

It is now a joy to use and I have stuck a close focus adaptor on it

Remind me to have a peek through your's dave... cos i've found them vague (as with all leups)... but enough do the job with them to show they can work in the right hands.

Odd that we now have this debate about scopes, when it's been mooted for ages that guns are a personal preference.

Next year will be interesting, certainly abroad, the era of the super scope is being entered, but perhaps without the expected results. With rumours of perhaps a dozen march's appearing on the circuit, and a handful of PMII's we might be seeing another progression similar to what the leupolds did (i certainly remember Newbury being filled with gold rings 5-6 years ago at the inters). But then the same thing happened with the pcp, and everything else that's come along as the game has progressed.

Looking at it the other way, yes the 3k scope is here, and the 2-3k rifle, but i still don't think that buys you a title... it may very well get you an advantage, but there's no replacement for using your skill with the kit rather than just relying on it. Calps is still using a hammerited nikko and some old ev2 to great effect... anyone fancy spending that money and thinking he would be pushed into the shade?
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep