View Single Post
Old 28th January 2011, 08:22 AM
Judge Diva
Member of: Nelson FTC
Default Best FT scope

As Dale has mentioned it is down to personal choice.

Ive got my March 8x80 and think it is the best FT scope out there, I am biased obviously but everytime I go out and use it in comps I am blown away more and more.

The range finding is stunning with the scope, I set it up in cold weather -6C to be exact and have since used it at warmest so far +12-13C. The rang finding on targets over 30 yards havent moved, anything closer it is range finding about a quarter yards over.

With a variation of 18 degrees from setting up I am happy with that. I will be waiting for the right day where the temp is about 20C and then fully check the scope to see if I need to make any changes to the ranges. It is rare to wait for a day where the temp reaches 25-30C in Britain. I have got the house running at about 22C inside to keep the missus warm, I have a chimney pot behind my house which is 48 yards away. I have left the scope and rifle outside when the snow was down and temp was about -8C and it ranged 48 yards. I brought it back in and let it waarm up for a few hours on the radiator and checked it and again it ranged 48 yards. So Im happy to say the least.

Some of the lads seem to be favouring the S&B PMII 50 mag which are well built nice scopes but again take the price over the 2k mark like the March....