View Single Post
Old 16th January 2011, 04:09 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset
Talking CSFTA Round 3 at Christchurch

CSFTA Round 3 at Christchurch

Our turn to host a league shoot and with 20mph winds with 40mph gusts predicted, I was keen not to push it too hard, but wanted a bit of a sting left should the wind not appear, especially as we had some foreign visitors from Wales due.

The live range seemed to provide some bemusement as usual, bordering on frustration, as long targets a yard away from each other took massively varying wind amounts. As ever, the strings and tape only added to the confusion.

The woodland appeared to offer some sanctury to the trickyness, yet it was in a punishing mood, as staying inside the kill beyond 30yds was extremely risky.

So it was perhaps a lesson in keeping your cool an making as much as you could out of a difficult day exaggerated by a relatively short course... only 7 targets over 50 yds, kneelers shy of 45, and standers sub 40 down to 12, all completely missable, as i demonstrated in fine style, at the end of the day.

Top score was Justin Wood who held two early misses, and only slipped once more in the woods for a very good 37. Best score for me was Dan Privett who put in a Grade B busting 36, leading Lyndeen's 31 who came 2nd in the grade.

Think there will be a few tales of well done and woe in the Taffia van on their way back

Thanks to those who made the day what it was, massive thanks to those that helped out, Dave and Di Cooling getting up at 5am to get the nosh ready, Don England for his target services, and all those from the region that could stay and help crash the course when all the fun/tears were over.

See you all at the Buccaneers in two weeks time. Should be a good un...

Scores are up, as usual, thanks to Alan's fast work, at (can't seem to find old NJR's though )
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread