Originally Posted by Shaun
these are the proposed changes to the GP series 2011
The following four adjustments will be made, subject to ratification at the EGM in January 2011, to the BFTA Grand Prix rules.
In the 50 target course:
1) There must be two 15mm hit zone targets set out to a maximum distance of 25 yards.
2) There must be three lanes designated kneeling. (The combined distance of the two targets in each lane must not exceed 70 yards per lane).
3) There must be two lanes designated standing. (The combined distance of the two targets in each lane must not exceed 60 yards per lane).
4) There must be eight 25mm hit zone targets set out to a maximum distance of 35 yards.
Please let your regional reps know your views.
The following rules were accepted at the AGM for 2011 for all BFTA shoots.
1) All marshals at BFTA events must wear high visibility vests or jackets.
2) At BFTA events no person shall cross the shooting line unless that person is wearing a high visibility vest or jacket. (This restriction does not apply before the event has started or when the event has ended).
regards Shaun (ex BFTA Secretary).
Getting back to the subject of the thread
I will be having a discussion with our rep this weekend at the Winter League round. My thoughts on the above are:-
- Either 3/2 or a 2/3 ratio for kneeling and standers. Will the maximum distance of 45yds for the positional still stand?
- Agree with the 8x 25mm as it would then give a variety of distances than have courses with a festival of 45+ yd targets.