Thread: Snow
View Single Post
Old 19th December 2010, 05:45 PM

Loopyloo know how bad the M3 was yesterday.
Left Portsmouth at 7am and got to Fleet services at 9-30am. M27/M3 not gritted as far as I could see single lane traffic and freezing rain/snow. Stopped for a cuppa and something to eat. Left there at 10 am ish. single lane until M25. at M40 junction road clear and stayed that way. Got to Ilkeston at 12-15.

Left there around 12-40 down M1 then along A14 then down A1198. Did not hit snow until a few miles short of Bassingbourne. Heavy there and road passable with car. Collected what I was going there for then heading southwards back to A1(M) got ther flowing until just past the tunnel.

Took an hour to reach South Mimms services then a further 40minutes to get round there to Heathrow direction slip road. This was blocked by a lorry. Took a further hour to get to M1 junction then very little traffic all the way back to Alton. Then the same onwards to Portsmouth. Got back home at 12-15am this morning.

At least I was not stuck in the traffic as bad as my brother who was on the M40 just south of Junc 9 until about 3am this morning after getting stuck there at 6pm. Got to Alton, his work base, at 5-30 this morning and I picked him up at 10 this morning to take him home.