Thread: Chrono Testing
View Single Post
Old 15th December 2010, 09:12 AM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by AndyIoW View Post
I would think that the pellet scales would be used to confirm that the weight you are say they 'should' be is correct. By having the person weigh and then put it into the breech ensures that there is no 'change' in the pellet i.e. a heacy used instead of a light pellet.

Its the trust thing. If someone says to me the pellet is xxx make and xx wieght then I would accept it. The checking of the weight, it would have helped me a few years ago when I managed to mix a couple of 7.9 Premiers along with my usual JSB's. Had a bit of a shock when I fired to through the chrono at the velocity was a bit high. Visually checked the next pellet I grabbed to see it was a premier as well.

Looked into my pellet pouch and saw 3 more in there as well, removed them and checked the rest before moving on from the chrono area..
That's how it was done in Hungary. It worked ok. Think they had some issues with weighing pellets in a breeze, can't be certain. I'm sure someone could pick holes in it if they were so inclined though.

It's the usual sketch, where are we now? Where do we want to be? How do we get there? 2nd question is where opinions differ on what is acceptable, 3rd question depends on 2nd question's answer...
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep