Thread: Chrono Testing
View Single Post
Old 14th December 2010, 08:53 PM
Judge Diva
Member of: Nelson FTC
Default Sounds good to me

Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
Thats still a lot of shooters, but it is also about the credibility of the BFTA as the organisation that regulates Field Target in the UK, so in the end it benefits all Field Target shooters.

From the Skan website:"
The SKAN PRO1 Series 3 is the very latest in CHRONO technology designed to give the user a professional and reliable unit capable of accurate velocity measurement

Designed especially for air weapons, each CHRONO is individually calibrated to a master CHRONO with ISO 9001/9003 certification.

The certification of the SKAN master CHRONO was carried out by the HOME OFFICE FORENSIC SCIENCE LABORATORY with calibration traceable to N.P.L. (National Police Laboratory)

Just a thought!

Looking at what SKAN have said in your quote seems to be the way forward. I wil ask the question to various people and when I attend the next BFTA meeting. I am unsure on how the chrono is checked myself. With regards to SKAN with calibrating the chronos etc is only a good thing to have. I will also look into the cost of a peli case that would be suitable for carrying the chronos. Just so it can be added with the cost etc.