Thread: BFTA meeting
View Single Post
Old 24th November 2010, 10:13 PM
I Like BIG Hats!
Member of: Far Coley FTC

Originally Posted by AndyIoW View Post
Whilst I have not done many GP's over the last few years (work sort of getting in the way) I quite agree with what Berty is saying. Rather than make a whole raft of changes to the rules, which would then open up a whole number of queries when laying out the course, a few small changes or 'tweaks' to get the general feeling from the competitors would not alienate as many. I think the addition of the 15mm targets will keep us on our toes.

I would think that any of the lower grade shooters that hit just one of them would be pleased. These targets will also 'shorten' the course slightly. At our club we have attended some GP's but of the 2 of the 4 that went to one GP (both 'C' graders) found it was demoralising that everything seemed to >45yds and put them off doing any more.

It is my personal thought that whilst the GP's are to test all the shooters, sometimes the 'gimmes' lead to mistakes but also give confidence to the lower grades when they fall over. The balance is very difficult to get but how many times have you shot a seemingly shorter course that has caused more problems than a longer one.
Couldnt have put it better
AirArms RN10/EV2 Stock-2007 Big nikko FT Kit
AirArms NJR100 Hawke Airmax SR6 HFT/SFT Kit
Feinwerkbau 600 10 metre
HW77K-zeiler 6-24x44 Work in progress
Webley Vulcan .22 Lovely old relic