Thread: BFTA meeting
View Single Post
Old 23rd November 2010, 09:25 PM
Judge Diva
Member of: Nelson FTC
Default Exactly

Originally Posted by View Post
I Agree totally berty and i applaud what and why you are doing it i also agree with walking before you can run you have my vote my suggestions i feel are not unrealistic as maybes for the future.
This is my point Steve, the more points the lads put forward would mean we would design courses the way the lads who shoot the courses feel best. I could be wrong, I looked at our courses and what people talked to me about and thought this was the best way forward to see how it goes?

I know the BFTA would listen to any points that are put forward to assist in making things better for the sport.

I have alos put forward the team Championships which will run along side the GP series. Everyone liked the idea and wanted it included. Luckily Simon Evans is happy to run this part of the format to get it off the ground. I can look at sponsorship for this which I feel would be a success. The teams can have as many memebers in the team, the 3 top scores from each club count. This means that clubs could put a team in with just 3 members, which most clubs would be able to do.

Another item I asked about was having a top junior trophy at each GP round. The jnr would have to be under 16 years of age on the day of that comp. this means that if some lads turn 16 half way through the season then they would have to shoot in the normal grades. It would be an extra trophy donated just for this.

We have looked at organising specific people as photographers for the BFTA at the shoots to take pics on the day of the winners etc for advertising. This all helps us get the sport out there in the mags which is something Ive been trying to sort this year...